I have been crazy busy lately. I’m not even going to begin to give you the to-do list I had for the past couple of weeks.
Now, for the most part, the craziness is over.
During the past several weeks there were many moments where I needed a breather. There were many things on my plate that were stressful.
I know that I couldn’t make the stressful things go away, but I could take moments to breathe and regroup.
Here are 10 ways that help me to take a breather from life:
- Get off of social media. Take a break from all of the craziness that comes along with Facebook, Instagram, or any kind of social media.
- Read a book. This is one of my favorite ways to just check out of the world and get lost somewhere. There are an infinite number of places to lose yourself.
- Watch a tv show or a movie. Let’s be real. This just had to make the list. We all enjoy a good break on the couch to watch our favorite shows.
- Try yoga. This has been really helpful for me lately. I wasn’t a fan at first, but I have really come to enjoy that quiet, personal time I get when I’m stretching.
- Meditate. This word may have a different meaning to everyone. For me it means turning on my diffuser with my favorite essential oils, getting a thunderstorm rolling on my Rain Rain app, and just laying in bed.
- Write. Write in your journal. Write a letter. Write a blog post. Just write something, and write until you feel like it’s complete.
- Listen to music. Music is something we can almost always relate to. I love putting a song or playlist on repeat and just feel the music.
- Call a friend. One thing I love about talking to my friends is we always end up laughing. It leaves me feeling happy and refreshed.
- Do some service. Helping others is a great way to forget the world.
- Play a game. It’s so easy to get lost in a good game. I have this game that I just love. I can literally sit and play for hours.
What are things that you do to take a break? Do any of these things help you?